Friday, December 18, 2015

Bridging It


VSO has been on a bit of a fitness binge.  She has been reading a book that teaches you how to feel younger.  Mostly, it turns out, you feel younger by getting off your arse.  Not that she's ever been a couch potato, but she has been recently inspired to put a few extra miles under her belt.  So, she's been hitting the trail with me a little bit.  Which is kind of fun.  We've been logging some miles in the snow.

We wanted to ski in Center Creek, but couldn't get across the water.  So later this afternoon we went up there and I dragged a couple of old studs to the creek for a bridge.  No one else had been over, so I broke trail to the upper meadow and we had the whole place to ourselves.  When we got back, VSO was still kind of complaining about wanting to be fit.  I told her, "Hey, I don't think there are very many women in this town who could, or would, do what you were doing this evening (or men, for that matter).  I don't think you are very far away from being fit."

No comments:

Post a Comment