Sunday, December 27, 2015

Another Cold Snap

We sometimes joke about placing items that we'd like to keep from freezing into the refrigerator.  The fridgeset at 44Fcan sometimes be warmer than the kitchen itself.  We actually made this joke late last week when Reader Three was in the house.  (Sorry R3.)  Well.  It wasn't funny this morning:  When I reached in for the half and half, I felt a wash of warm air spill out of the fridge.  I wondered if I should keep the door open to heat the house.  With the outdoor thermometer standing at minus three, the interior temperature was quite a bit south of 40F.  Anyway.  Instead of crawling into the fridge, I opened both burners on the gas heater in the kitchen, and went to the living room to start the stove.  By the time the sun got to work, most of the house was at least 50F.  Good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment