Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hack Canyon


When we turned into Hack Canyon, there were no tracks in the snow.  I put the Chev in 4WD and proceeded with caution.  I needn't have worried.  The road was in pretty good shape for about seven miles.  It got bad down in the bottom, but, by then, we were happy to stop.  The girls set up their mobile art studio in the truck bed and I walked down another three miles to the wilderness boundary.  There was a trail register at the gate.  It had six entries in it for 2012.  Hey.  Not bad.  I don't know why the yuppies don't like this place, (maybe because the cowboys are still using it?) but, we'll take it.  By 3p, the sun was setting.  We were 40 miles from Fredonia, and I figured it might take us two hours to get there.  We packed the paintings and retraced our single set of tracks back to the main road.

1 comment:

  1. Brrrrr. Oh, brrrrr. Hack Canyon was beautiful, but I'd rather paint it in the spring when I can feel my fingers. --The Wife

    ReplyDelete