Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snowbasin, Utah

When I got to the Salt Lake airport on Tuesday night to collect Benson, it was raining hard. We thought that meant plenty of fresh powder in Wednesday. In the event, there was a little creamy new snow and lots of sun. We spent the morning taking laps with Katie until she went to do some work and Wally broke his pole in the bottom of a tree well. After a little lunch the wind started to pick up and the snow was drifting in over our tracks at the top of the lift. At the bottom, it was still mostly spring slop. My skis were sticking a little, so Wally loaned me his butter. After that I went really, really fast. Of course, I still wasn't fast enough to keep Wally in view, so I set my sights on Benson, which was a little easier. By 4p, it was time for a ride back to town, a shower, a couple of pizzas, and a bottle of Cabernet on the deck. The next morning, I returned to southern Utah, while Wally and Benson went back to the mountain. Fortunately for me, I got off the road before the storm hit; fortunately for them, they were at Snowbasin when the storm hit. Benson sent me a text that said: "May be the best ever."

For more pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/aorlemann/SnowbasinUtah#

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've been able to hang out with Benson quite a bit this winter....and thanks for posting pics....

    ReplyDelete