Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breckenridge, Colorado

It was 33 below zero when we got up. Needless to say, we were in no hurry to ride the chairlift. By the time we went out it was around 17 below. At Rural Ways we are prepared for anything. Usually. Not today. My hands would not thaw out and I wasn't sure I could keep skiing. Fortunately, Benson had one of those silly chemical hand-warmers. Silly no more. It worked well enough for me to survive. We made it until 3pm, and then got ready for our last run. Unfortunately, Danny got lost. By the time he made it to the base, he was numb, blind, and retching. Another great day on the mountain.

4 comments:

  1. You fellas are skiing without me?!

    (I feel so unloved right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retching? Really? Does hypothermia do that to you? Hope you have balmy weather today and that lunch stays down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear of today's excursion. Just checked the temps - at 5am it was 3 below. It would only go up from there, so it must have felt like spring skiing for you today. No word at all from Benson today yet - not quite sure what that means. Maybe having too much fun? Let's hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you, BD. C'mon out.

    V, the retching was more of respiratory infection.

    Ms. Sandy, I saw Benson today. In fact, I gave him some advice about his Boy Scout commitments. Wanna hear about it?

    ReplyDelete