Saturday, February 26, 2022

Trail Ridge Tour

We got enough moisture this week to freshen the snowpack.  I went to the summit at Avintaquin and found a good place to pull off the highway.  The map said that I was on the road to Trail Ridge, but the farther I skied, the less certain I was about the road, the ridge, or my location.  Not that it mattered:  The forest was Douglas fir and limber pine, and the snow was pristine.

I reached a summit at 9,100 feet, dropped into a small bowl, and continued along the ridge for another mile.  At that point, though it was neither dark nor dangerous, I felt tired from breaking trail, so I turned around and retraced my track.  When I reached GC2 at 5:30p, I had been out for about two and a half hours and had covered four miles.  The Trail Ridge Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment