Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Arch Canyon

We started the day by walking up the dugway from Comb Wash to the top of the Comb.  Until the 1960s this was the state highway, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I kept telling the girls, "This isn't too bad.  It is rocky, but any jeeper could do it."  I didn't expect to be immediately proved correct, but . . . we were passed by four jeepers as we hiked out (though it isn't clear to me why they were towing trailers).  From there we went to Arch Canyon (and found jeeper tracks, but fortunately didn't see any trailers).  It was snowing and we hiked up just a mile or so to look at some ruins on the south facing wall.  We finished the day on the slickrock, looking at glyph panels and potsherds.  Pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment