Sunday, March 6, 2016

Brothers (and Sisters) in Arms


When the dishes are washed each evening and darkness comes to The Homestead, I like to read:  Mostly history and literature, because they help me understand the human condition.  But, sometimes, I take a break for live music.  Both EDO and VSO are good guitarists, and when they play together, the house can rock.  At least, it rocks as much as a pair of acoustic Yamahas can rock it.  But that is about to change.  Yesterday, VSO placed an order for an upgrade:  A Fender electric/acoustic.

When I heard that she was getting a Fender, I immediately thought of Knoffler, who is well known for his work on the Stratocaster.  When I looked it up, I found that Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn also played the Strat.  Fenders have an impressive pedigree, huh?  While Hendrix and Vaughn have each played their last note, Knoffler is still making records.  I warned VSO that, if he hears of her picking, she may be asked to sit in on a Dire Straights set or two:

check out Guitar George
he knows all the chords

No comments:

Post a Comment