Sunday, November 29, 2015

Walking to Dillon


There has been some recent talk in the pages of this newspaper about walking.  I like to wander around and see things in the backcountry.  Which can require some walking.  When VSO and I scrambled down off this ridge and picked up EDO for the hike back to the Chev earlier today, it was my fifty-second backcountry mile for November 2015.

When I started thinking about thislast DecemberI'd racked-up 78 miles of backcountry travel in one month.  Now that November is over, I guess I've got a 12 month total:  In the year from December 2014 through November 2015, I walked 571 miles in the backcountry, a 47.5 mile monthly average, or about a mile and a half per day.

If I put it all together, I could walk from my house to approximately Dillon, Montana, give or take ten miles.  Of course, it might require another year to get home, but I've always kind of liked Dillon.

No comments:

Post a Comment