Sunday, May 3, 2015

Stuck Again


This week I was crawling along in low gear on a pretty rough road when I came to a slow motion stop.  I was in four-wheel drive, so I put the truck in reverse.  I could feel the back wheels slip in the gravel, but no luck.  I turned it off and got out.  Perfect aim:  I'd gone over the biggest rock in the road with the lowest part of my frame.  I was, technically, high centered.  My back wheels were on the ground, but they didn't have the traction to pull the front of the truck off the rock.  I reached into the front seat for the camera and had a little laugh at myself; then I wedged a big flat slab of rock under the back side of the suspended tire.  When I put it in reverse this time, the tire crawled up my slab and lifted the frame clear.  I swerved around the rock and went on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment