Sunday, January 11, 2015

Rehabbing


At the end of December I was walking a lot.  On some days it was up to eight or nine miles.  My left knee started to get sore.  But there was a lot to see, so I kept walking.  Eventually the knee was very sore.  Not unstable or acutely sore, but chronically, wear-and-tear sore.  I needed to do something for it.  So I took a couple of days off, gave it a blast of ibuprofenup to 1600 milligrams per dayand started rehabbing it.  It has worked out pretty well.  My goal is to keep it to about two miles per day.  I'm more or less on target, but sometimes it isn't the mileage that matters.  On Friday I probably overdid it.  I wanted to get up on a little ridge above town.  It wasn't a lot more than two miles but it was pretty steep ground.  I found myself 1200 feet above the Chev:  Climbing down was pretty hard on both knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment