Friday, January 30, 2015

After the Epilogue

As my reader knows, I spent some time earlier in the year analyzing a bunch of trash data collected from the ditches around Parowan.  One of the topics I addressed during that analysis was something I termed the Buzz Price.  On that particular topic, I reached the conclusion that the best buzz price available in southern Utah was found in a shampoo bottle full of rotgut hard liquor.  In other words, bottom shelf vodka provides the best bang for your buck.  I know that at least one commenter feels that I need to move on, and stop being distracted by alcohol related trash.  But, I feel compelled to relate that I took my researches to Beaver, Utahthe next town north of Parowan.  I visited the liquor agency there and had a chat with the owner.  (She is always friendly, and probably sees me a little too often.)  I asked her to name her biggest seller.  Without even a split second of hesitation she said, "Cheap vodka."  I am not kidding.  I asked her, "You mean the stuff on the bottom shelf in the plastic shampoo bottle?"  "Yeah, I sell more than 30 cases per month."  I almost fell on the floor.  Cases?!  In Beaver, Utah?!  "Yeah," she said, "most people buy it by the case."

No comments:

Post a Comment