Sunday, December 8, 2013

First Tracks


While I've used the skis to do a little recon at work this fall, I'd not yet taken them out for a holiday lap. So, yesterday, during the second big snow storm of the week, I went up to Center Creek. I parked at the ford, which was frozen, and skied across the ice. The road was untracked. I broke trail to the upper meadow and put in one loop. Then I skied back to the ford. While I was in the upper meadow, some yayhoo drove over the ford on his ATV and flipped a couple of donuts in the lower meadow. He (or she) was gone by the time I got back. I don't really care what ATVers do, but this genius had to thrash my track. I don't understand it. The whole road is empty, he has a motor, he can go anywhere, but he has to drive up my track. Why? I guess it is typical modern American behavior: When you see someone else out in the woods, you can't leave them alone, you have to follow them. Are y'all lonely? Anyway, this motorhead gave me the opportunity to break trail twice, once going up and once coming down. But, my three readers are not here to listen to me complain all day. They want the data. So, here they are: Total Distance 1.86 miles; time 39:08; moving average 2.9 mph; maximum speed 5.1 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment