Thursday, October 3, 2013

Extending the Extension Ladder


After being gone again for part of the summer, it was finally time to make some progress on the trim painting job I'd begun earlier. As I noted in July, part of the delay was the lack of a suitable ladder. Tiger loaned me a pretty good one, but it still wasn't enough to reach the peak. So, my in-laws encouraged me to try this set-up: You back the Chev up to the wall and then put the ladder in the bed of the truck. If that doesn't work, you put it on the roof. By the time I got up there with the paint, the wind had picked up (they didn't tell me about the 40 MPH forecast). With my sewing machine leg going and the springs on the truck rocking, it was more like a trapeze than a ladder. Do you think they want to get rid of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment