Friday, June 8, 2012

V-Day Redux


My reader will remember that back in May, I found a Valentines Day balloon while out hiking near Parowan.  This week, I've noticed several of those aluminum foil party favors in the Sierras.  In fact, I have seen more of them here than anywhere else I've been.  I found the smiley face last week and the Patriot's helmet today.  One of my local colleagues told me that Fresno is directly upwind and that all its airborn trash finds its way into this part of the forest.  That reminded me of the dollar I found tied to my V-day balloon, and I told him about it.  Without missing a beat he said, "You should have bought a lottery ticket with it."  Well, Utah doesn't have a lottery, but he does have a point.  On my way to California, I should have stopped in Vegas and thrown down at the $1 poker table.  It could have been the end of all my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment