Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weight Problem

When I saw myself in the mirror the other day, I thought of Iggy Pop.  During the late fall and winter, I had managed to control the weight loss problemI was up above 175 and feeling pretty good.  But the mild, early spring has been a disaster for my waistline.  We've put the garden in, built more fence, and planted dozens of trees.  All that, plus a lot of hiking has cost me ten or 15 pounds.  I'm not getting enough fuel and I may need to go to an all burger and bacon diet to keep from dropping below 160.  After all, I don't mind looking like a punk legend, but, with my pants sagging, I'm afraid that people may mistake me for one of those hip-hop-rappers.

2 comments:

  1. A good 5 days on a river with Saurerpuss and his 4lbs of bacon/day would get the scale headed back in the plus direction. Maybe you could try watching 1 hour TV/day, it could even be PBS, just something where movement is not required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No TV at The Homestead, but a float with Saurer would definitely help. One of my colleagues says that he generally gains weight on burgers and beer. Oh well, if that is what is recommended, I guess I'll just have to take my medicine.

    ReplyDelete