Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sable Update

A few months ago, it looked as though our car would be forced into retirement. At that time, I said that we would nurse it for a few months. Well, nurse it we have, and it is still going strong. I also noted in that earlier post that the car wasn't much to look at. Well, it still isn't. In fact, now it is worse. This morning the kid from across the street backed into it on his way to school. When I talked with his dad, the dad kept saying, "We'll make it right." I appreciate that kind of neighbor, but it isn't really worth it. Repairing or replacing a fender on that car may cost half of what the car is worth. Besides, everything still works fine. There is no broken glass or punctured tires. So, I told them not to worry about it. We won't fix it, we'll just keep driving it. (Note to all you agressive southern Utah tailgaters: We've got nothing to lose.)

3 comments:

  1. For the right price, 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback with 161,000 miles and no large dents could be yours. The check engine light can be corrected by unhooking the battery for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you guys bought that Sable. If I recall, it was summer 2003. I swear I've been through 4 cars since then... -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Jess, you have a good memory. Was it July or August? I'm not quizzing you, I just can't remember myself.

    Hey, Keith, bring the Subaru with you when you move back to Utah. When the Sable croaks, I'll be ready to pay top dollar for a replacement. I especially like vehicles that sport home-grown repair and maintenance tricks like yours.

    ReplyDelete