Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Fable

If I produce another post about the weather, I'm sure that I will lose both of my readers, so let me tell a little story:

Then they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They had brick for stone, and they had asphalt for mortar. And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves."

But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Come, let us go down there and drop another six inches of snow, that they may not understand." So, the Lord came with lows in the mid-20s and another winter storm at the end of April, and they ceased to build the city.

5 comments:

  1. Here's your other reader checking in. Made me chuckle. Hopefully it won't stop Val from coming to see us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I don't even count as a reader.

    Thanks for killing my self-esteem today. I hope your boot gets a hole and you get snow in it.

    Now I have to go cry in a beer.

    p.s. Wayfinder6, that was pretty good. Apparently those hours in the Hurt Cubicle haven't caused you to lose too many brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I get for underestimating the global reach of Rural Ways. We've got readers calling in from Baghdad, from the Springs, and from Toronto. At this rate it may be time to upgrade our bandwidth. And throw away these leaking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good ol' april. in like a lion and out like a... bigger lion???

    ReplyDelete