Thursday, December 28, 2023

Horseshoe Canyon

It is part of the National Park System, so, for that reason, it should be banned.  But VSO has wanted to see the Great Gallery for many years and I did say, in a moment of ill-judged bravado, that I would take her there mid-week, during the winter.  So, we went today.  I can't imagine what it is like during camping season because there were loud, fast-driving tourists in abundance.  The road is good and, I don't know, there is probably cell service:  Remote workers?  At any rate, I did my duty and need not return.

Aside from the world famous rock art, what caught my attention were the winter cottonwoods.  I made a lot of pictures of pictographs, but I probably made more pictures of trees.  I can almost forgive the Disney crowds if they are coming to see these beauties.  More images here.

No comments:

Post a Comment