Sunday, July 16, 2023

Have I Mentioned the Heat?

EDO needed to return to Fillmore from Price, but instead of sending her to I-70 and through Salina, we decided to caravan to Skyline for a hike.  Afterwards, she would be in position to go down Fairview Canyon and across the Sanpete Valley to Nephi.  (And I could drive back to Price.)  The hike was Rolfson Canyon.  At first I thought we could walk up from the road to the snow drifts along the Skyline.  But we had just two hours to hike (total) and it was hot.  I walked very slowly.  After an hour, we were half way.  We stopped to look at some 100 year old arborglyphs, but it was time to turn around.  It was hot.  Clear and hot.  We were at 9400 feet and it was very uncomfortable.  Miserable.  I felt sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment