Saturday, December 10, 2022

Brief Tour

I wanted to check out the conditions on the Skyline.  We've not had much snow in Price, so I wondered if there was a developing snowpack.  There was.  The conditions were pretty good, plenty of snow, though much of it unconsolidated.  Three things were less good.  First, we forgot VSO's ski boots, so she was only along for the ride. Second, this is motor country.  I should have known, but, of course, every place to pull off the highway was chock full of snow machines, snow cats, snow motorcycles, and snow monster trucks.  Well, I'm not sure about the last one, but there was a constant motor hum across the entire plateau.  Third, it is a long way from town.  We've been spoiled by having the Markagunt in our back yard.  From Parowan, we could be on the skis in 20 minutes or less.  From Price, it takes more than an hour.  So, we did a lot of driving and I had a brief tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment