Sunday, October 17, 2021

Surprise

For the past couple of weeks, I've returned from my afternoon outing and told the girls:  "I've never been in that little wash before, I was so surprised to find it."  After a while though, you can't keep saying it:  If it happens all the time, it doesn't qualify as a surprise.  At any rate, I was surprised by this one yesterday (above).  I swear I've gotten up every weak spot in the wall of Little Creek Canyon at least twice, but not this one.  Maybe it always appeared to be too steep?

On top, I had great views of Little Creek Peak (above) and of the Parowan Valley (below).  The PV has, to paraphrase Wallace Stegner, been split and ruined by the interstate, which only gets busier and louder by the day.  Maybe it doesn't seem so bad from this perspective, but, believe me, you can hear the roar of traffic very clearly from the ridgetop.

No comments:

Post a Comment