Sunday, July 17, 2016

I Was Right


Well.  In my last post I declared that VSO deserved Best in Show for her work at the CBAA last week.  I was not wrong, and the judges saved themselves from, ahem, an unfortunate backing accident in the parking lot.  The funny thing is, the organizers awarded BIS for the painting at the top of the wall just below her name (above), which is a studio piece of Zion submitted before the Cedar Breaks competition began.  On the other hand, they said they were recognizing the "body of work," which makes sense because VSO plainly made the best twenty paintings.  Here is another one (below).  The other interesting thing is that buyers also voted with their wallets.  Within five-minutes of the doors opening, both of the paintings that I had selected for the Best in Show award (featured in my previous post) were snapped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment