Monday, May 27, 2013

Job Done


It was back to (fence) post pulling today, and I was able to finish the job.  My previous (blog) post, however, generated mass confusion.  My explanation of the pulling mechanism was inadequate.  A helpful reader suggested that I take a picture of the system.  Knowing something about how to make a bad picture, I figured that the camera would only add to the confusion.  So, I asked my personal graphic artist to generate a sketch.  Here it is.  The key to the whole thing is setting the fulcrum (pole) so that it leans against the post.  Then, as the cable pulls forward, the fulcrum (pole) stands up, exerting a vertical pull on the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, yes I can visualize it now. That is an excellent sketch, your personal graphic artist has many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second everything Keith said in this comment as well as in his comment on your previous post.

    ReplyDelete