Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shingle Creek


I tried to drive to Indian Creek.  At first, the snow was firm enough for straight going, but, with five miles left, it was clearly going to get too deep.  So, I tried to turn around.  Bad idea.  After a lot of digging, I decided to back out.  I backed for a mile or two until I came to a little gravel pit that was firm enough for turning.  My next stop was Shingle Creek.  It was no better there.  In fact, I couldn't even drive from the state highway to the freeway overpass.  So, I skied.  I skied to I-70, and then up Shingle Creek most of the way to Sawmill Bench.  By then the sun was out and the snow was gloppygrabbing the ski on each step.  It was already 2p, and I was not in the mood for another hour of uphill slogging, so I went back to the truck.  I drove back through Sulpherdale and Manderfieldavoiding I-15 as much as possible.  I was in Beaver shortly after 3p.

No comments:

Post a Comment