Monday, June 1, 2009

Hail Storm

We've had a couple of wet weeks. Each afternoon a thunderstorm has rolled through and given us a good pelting. After living in Escalante for five years, it feels as though we have moved to Costa Rica. We've never seen so much water. Yesterday, Ellen and I were out hiking in the canyons and, when we got home, there was a bit of a hail storm between the truck and the house. After I took this picture I told Ellen that we'd jump out and make a run for it. I got out first and stood there in the deluge urging her to jump. She balked and started crying. I grabbed her, slammed the door with my foot, and ran to the back door. Later, I said, "Hey, you're a big strong kid. No crying about a rain storm."

1 comment:

  1. hey man, I'm a big kid and I've been in some "rain storms" that made me what to cry. Sheesh....that wet stuff can be scary, especially when its frozen and beating you to a pulp and/or involves lightning.

    ReplyDelete